Tuesday 15 September 2009

Confirmation links on web directories

I noticed that there are e-mails being sent to me every time I have submitted a link to a directory. In my Gmail, I already have hundreds of notifications but there are some links that needed to be confirmed, and I must click the activation link in their e-mail. It really depends on the site if they implement an auto-aproved, moderation or confirmation link to verify if you are the real submitter of your site.

It may say that they are too sensitive when it comes to spammers and abusive types of websites like adult, gambling, steroids and other kinds of it, and it's really inappropriate if you just trying to submit the site that is not very appropriate and illgela, so that's why they need confirmation links just to protect themselves from spamming.

No comments:

Post a Comment